Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on downriggers
I pulled the trigger on 2 Cannon Easi-Troll ST Manual Downriggers. It's a gentle price point to start off with and reviews seem pretty good. Amazon has an easy return process if need to use it.

I'm planning on taking them out over the weekend and give them a shot, I bet they'll here on Friday. The only thing I need to pickup is some spare releases and a few weights. I thought I'd start off with some 6lb weights from Sportsmans and see how it goes from there.

Thanks for the input!
Did you see the $15 rebate per downrigger on the Cannon website? You'll like these riggers. They are the same ones I started with too.
[signature]
That's a great choice!
[signature]
I didn't see that rebate, I thought I was getting a good deal just because it's free 2 day shipping, no tax and it's cheaper than in the store. That makes it even better.
[signature]
Downriggers are pretty simple so I don't think brand matters much. I've been running Scotty 1106's in the ocean down to over 300' with 12# and 15# balls without problems for the past 9 years. I had Penn 600 Jr's before that and they were fine, too. Just make sure you maintain them well and you'll be good.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
[quote Zhorntix]I pulled the trigger on 2 Cannon Easi-Troll ST Manual Downriggers. It's a gentle price point to start off with and reviews seem pretty good. Amazon has an easy return process if need to use it.

I'm planning on taking them out over the weekend and give them a shot, I bet they'll here on Friday. The only thing I need to pickup is some spare releases and a few weights. I thought I'd start off with some 6lb weights from Sportsmans and see how it goes from there.

Thanks for the input![/quote] I too started out with easy trolls also they work every bit as good as the electrics but just a little more work retrieving them 6lbs is a great all-around weight size. your gonna have some fun
[signature]