Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead
Went out yesterday morning, check station was open early. The water is warm, mid eighties. Saw many pros prefishing but no action. Las Vegas wash is a delta now, probably quicksand. So Sad. Snagged one little striper. Can still launch at Government but getting harder. Lot's of litter.
[signature]
Let's pray that El NiƱo drops lots of water on us this winter or we all will be hurting everywhere for water.
[signature]
Im taking my canoe out in the morning, should I even bother with the wash or just head out to more open water?
[signature]
Trash is right ! i launched the ole yak outta Gov. wash about a week ago , so much garbage blown up in the coves of Gov , really nasty , and of course there is always piles of Corona Bottles every time i go there .
[signature]
Since we are on the topic of trash... I came across this mess the last time out around the boxcar area. Multiple trashed tents, dog kennels, cooking stuff, clothes, etc. I have never come across a mess like this before on Mead. It's rare to even see trash floating around. What is/use to be so nice out there. Cleeeean. Not so much these days...

[Image: LakeMead_08-27-15_007.jpg]

Tom
[signature]
One of the main reasons I dont even bother with that side of mead anymore.
People are disgusting!!!
[signature]
Hit the water at 4:20am in the canoe, off water at 8:30am, caught 5 total, kept 4 for tacos, biggest was about 4#s all the rest about 1 to 2#s. Followed the boils around the coves in Boxcar and found a huge boil from one side of a cove to the other(which is where I pulled the 4#er that broke my reel and 2 others) and would have probably caught a bunch more when 2 jack-holes in a crappy boat saw me reeling them and and hauled ass straight to the middle of the boil full throttle almost tipping my canoe and dispersing the boil to nothing instantly.
[signature]