Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,441
» Latest member: Eyes-n-Macs
» Forum threads: 231,771
» Forum posts: 343,338

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 531 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 526 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, NavyFisher

Latest Threads
Willard 5/3
Forum: Utah Fishing General
Last Post: Eyes-n-Macs
9 hours ago
» Replies: 21
» Views: 1,146
Fontanelle Update
Last Post: gofish435
11 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 451
Mirror Lake on Ice 5-4-24
Last Post: MrShane
Yesterday, 09:47 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 310
Boating noob question
Last Post: MrShane
Yesterday, 09:31 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 430
2024 Summer Challenge - j...
Forum: Utah Contests
Last Post: hookngrinin
Yesterday, 08:22 PM
» Views: 143
Storing Night Crawlers ??...
Last Post: SkunkedAgain
Yesterday, 04:55 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 1,018
Strawberry Report
Last Post: Cowboypirate
Yesterday, 02:01 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 615
2024 Cat Contest Redrebel
Last Post: Redrebel
05-05-2024, 02:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 42
2024 Summer Challenge Red...
Last Post: Redrebel
05-05-2024, 12:06 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 91
Thieves
Forum: Off Topic Board
Last Post: wiperhunter2
05-04-2024, 12:24 PM
» Views: 90

Bear Lake Mack
Posted by: PREDATOR - 10-04-2002, 02:16 PM - Forum: Off Topic Board - Replies (7)

[size 4]Well, lets hear about the cruise. Dont tell me you didnt squeeze in a fishing trip. I know its a utah page and ocean fishing is a bit out of the realm, but lets hear how it went anyways. Did you get a couple pics for the wall of fame? Looks awful ducky out there right now. Should be fun tommorow. If you go by on the way home and see my pickup out fromt stop in and let me know how the hunt went.
[signature]

Print this item

Hunting and PTSD
Posted by: johnincolorado - 10-04-2002, 01:08 PM - Forum: Hunting - No Replies

I'd like to have your thoughts on this, hunters with Post Tramatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Of course you can't tell anyone has it unless you ask, they tell you or they are wearing a big sign. It is a common disorder among combat Vets, especially those during the Vietnam War. Most have handled it through therapy and are doing quite well, while others are still having flashbacks and have difficulty controlling it, except through drugs.
This question was brought up recently at a VFW (Veteran of Foreign Wars) discussion meeting (imprompto over a cold beer) and the popular consensus was split 50-50 between allowing Vets with PTSD to own fire arms and not. Would anyone here feel uncomfortable hunting with a VET with PTSD, knowing that he could hit the ground at the sound of gunfire?
Those voting in the no column, for the most part, didn't exibit signs of PTSD but was sympathic to those of us who do. I haven't reverted back to ground combat survival techniques while in the field (hitting the ground, finding a defensible spot, searching for the enemy, cold sweats and shaking hands) but have hunted with a few who have. It usually only takes a few minutes to convince him that the flashback isn't real and everything is fine.
I ask you, would you hunt with someone under these conditions?
[signature]

Print this item

BOSTON HARBOR & SOUTH SHORE- Striper 10/3/02
Posted by: bfast - 10-04-2002, 12:54 PM - Forum: Massachusetts Fishing General - No Replies

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]BOSTON HARBOR & SOUTH SHORE-Stripers 10/3/02[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Early in the week fishing in Boston’s inner-harbor and Quincy Bay was fantastic. The shear numbers of bass and blues, feeding on the running tides, rivals our best fishing in June. Unseasonably warm weather, optimal water temperatures, and the abundance of bait is making for a fall season to remember.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Two groups, here at the Beer Distributors convention in Boston, sampled the best Boston had to offer—bass fishing that is. Dick Carlson and his son from Salt Lake City, Utah departed from Rowe’s Wharf at 6:00 am. They were into blue and bass off the airport with in minutes. Finding these fish in the shallows very selective, Capt. Tom moved to Thompson’s Island to find the peanut bunker driven to the shoreline by the blues with the bass feeding outside and below the blues. The anglers cast to the swirling bass with a 5/0 “Grocery” pattern, letting it sink initially using DepthCharge line for best results. Five keepers between 28 and 32 inches took the fly fishers presentations. The biggest bass as well as a few blues smashed a yellow and white popper fished on Wonderline.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]On Monday, Neal Whittaker’s group from Topeka, KS battled the strong Southwest breeze. The anglers caught a mix of bass and blues between 24 and 33 inches. Like Sunday, the action was fast and furious on the outgoing tide off Thompson’s. Both fly and light-spinning gear was equally effective. The last couple of hours of the ebbing tide, the bass had the bunker pinned to the marsh off the airport flats. The anglers found peanut bunker fleeing onto the marsh grass and flats with the fins and tails in hot pursuit in only a foot of water. The blues were actually beaching themselves to get at their prey. They then flipped, completely out of the water, on the shore in an effort to get back to the water. The westerners commented that just seeing this action was worth the price of admission. Texas-rigged pearl slug-go worked best cast on light-spinning gear. The Grocery fly was again the ticket on the long-rod.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Capt. Mike Bartlett[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]B-Fast Charters[/size][/font]

[url "http://www.bfastcharters.com/"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 3]www.bfastcharters.com[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url]

[signature]

Print this item

Hey Ghost, Bears dont always run fast enough !
Posted by: Flagmanonice - 10-04-2002, 05:31 AM - Forum: Hunting - No Replies

[Wink]Hey Ghost, got mine tonite (oct 3 ) boar weighing in at 344 lbs, shot right before the rain started. Its been a bad year for bear baiting cause of all the natural foods out there ! Their just starting to hit the baits with only a 10 days left ! Now its time to get serious about deer with bow, plus a long weekend of pheasent hunting in South Dakota ( oct 19 - 22 ) till then , bye flagmanonice
[signature]

Print this item

FISHING PIRU
Posted by: SHAKA - 10-04-2002, 03:38 AM - Forum: California Fishing Information - No Replies

ANYBODY FISHED PIRU LATELY, I HAVE A CLUB TOURNY THERE THIS WEEKEND AND I NEED A GOOD FINISH. ANY ONE HAVE ANY POINTERS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. MAHALOS[sly]
[signature]

Print this item

Stripers & Mucho Blues!!!!
Posted by: starfish - 10-04-2002, 02:18 AM - Forum: Massachusetts Fishing General - No Replies

[angelic]I originally posted under "saltwater fishing", but got some flack.....I'm new at this, and I guess I should have posted here! So - here we go!!!!![Smile]My hubby and I were at Race Point, Provincetown, Cape Cod, this past week and weekend and there were so many blues, they were swimming between my hubby's legs as he was wading out in the water!!!!! We took home approx. 4 Blues a day! The Stripers were there - especially when the rain came down-----we used nly sand eels - no plugs - and WOW! Every day for 7 days we came home w/ striper betwwn 36inches to approx. 46inches! Awesome time had by all: as I like to boast, my 5 yr. old little girl even caught a stingray! FYI*******Beach is open for off road vehicles/fishing from Race Point all the way down to Head of the Meadow. There are still a few off road permits left. Spoke to an old fishing buddy in Eastham, MA today, 10/03/02; he says Newcomb and Balston, as well as the Race are active now! We're going back next weekend, update you again then! Thanks, starfish
[signature]

Print this item

Lake Toho and The Kissimmee Chain
Posted by: CaptainChuck - 10-03-2002, 11:31 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0033cc]Fishing Report[/#0033cc][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0033cc]by: Captain Chuck Matthews[/#0033cc][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0033cc]October 3, 2002[/#0033cc][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800080][url "http://www.centralfloridabassfishing.com/"]http://www.centralfloridabassfishing.com[/url][/#800080][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800080][url "http://www.orlandobassfishing.com/"]http://www.orlandobassfishing.com[/url][/#800080][/font][/center] [center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0033cc]800-936-7398[/#0033cc][/font][/center][font "Times New Roman"] [center] [/center][/font] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0033cc]Fishing on the Kissimmee Chain is great. If you can find them, stay there and fish. The bass area scattered. The water out of Southport isn’t running. But route 60 locks are open.[/#0033cc][/font][/left][font "Times New Roman"] [left] [/left][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0033cc]Hatchinaw and Kissimmee are doing well. There are schooling fish at the mouth of the rivers on both lakes. Rattle traps and fire-tiger crank baits are a good bet. On Toho the south side of the lake has some good fish. The water is high on Toho. Best bet is to look for fish feeding, then take your time in that area and try to figure them out. If the draw-down on Toho does happen, this year, it will be a great time to catch a trophy fish. So if you are going to book a guide trip, do it early as it will be very busy and hard to find a guide. I will be posting information on the draw-down in a couple of weeks, so stay in touch. Any questions, feel free to email me.[/#0033cc][/font][font "Times New Roman"]

[/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0033cc]Captain Chuck Matthews[/#0033cc][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0033cc]Pro Bass Guide[/#0033cc][/font]
[signature]

Print this item

Coming home for the weekend
Posted by: Scooter - 10-03-2002, 10:31 PM - Forum: Utah Fishing General - No Replies

[cool]Does anyone have a latest report on pineview. I was thinkin about hitting it staurady or sunday?
[signature]

Print this item

Tibble Fork Res.
Posted by: TunaMan - 10-03-2002, 10:29 PM - Forum: Fishing Report Archive Board - No Replies

[cool]Stoped by Utah lake today fished at american fork marina water was very muddy only stayed about 1/2 hour no bites on my favorite spinner bait left there and headed up to tibble water was low with thick weeds along bank caught 14 trout browns and cutts using a white rooster tail fish were caught at the edge of weeds biggest was only about 12" no large fish to brag about but a fun trip
[signature]

Print this item

Willard Foot Soldier
Posted by: leaky - 10-03-2002, 09:15 PM - Forum: Willard & Utah Lake Fish Report Archive - No Replies

Played foot soldier at Willard this a.m. Had a fun day from 8 am - 1 pm but wish I could catch more wipers. Caught 3 decent channel cats and 1 wiper. Since I'm new at this I don't know what size wipers are normal. They seem big to me. What's average? Today's was 19 1/2 in. Everything was caught within a few feet of shore at the edge of the rocks. In fact, I was starting to lift my lure out when the wiper boiled at it and took off. Fished north of the feed lot this time.

[crazy] Leaky

Print this item