Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,442
» Latest member: fish_4_all
» Forum threads: 231,820
» Forum posts: 343,660

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 221 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 215 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Phillips57

Latest Threads
Willard Grind
Forum: Utah Fishing General
Last Post: obifishkenobi
4 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 412
Forum: Introductions Board
Last Post: wiperhunter2
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 21
Drawing Results 2024
Last Post: N.E.T.O.
7 hours ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 794
Amazon Facility
Forum: Off Topic Board
Last Post: RockyRaab2
11 hours ago
» Views: 45
It’s been a while since I...
Last Post: bone8
Yesterday, 10:40 AM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 351
Wanted: Ruger 10/22 stock
Forum: Hunting and Shooting
Last Post: BURLEY
05-23-2024, 08:46 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 50
2024 Cat Contest
Forum: Utah Contests
Last Post: Piscophilic
05-23-2024, 01:58 PM
» Views: 56
Downrigger Issue
Last Post: Bduck
05-23-2024, 12:40 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 503
Minn Kota
Last Post: Coho975
05-23-2024, 12:09 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 321
May 2024 Florida Daytona ...
Forum: Florida Fishing General
Last Post: CaptMichaelSavedow
05-23-2024, 11:40 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 37

What has J. Niemec done to fight closures?
Posted by: ACE_CARTER - 01-24-2002, 10:55 AM - Forum: California Fishing Information - No Replies

As one of the leaders of the fishing industry in So. Calif. what have YOU done to fight the closures? Do you care? Have you attended any of the DFG meetings? Just wondering.<br><br>I notice YOUR PAL, Ronnie Kovachs has not attended any meetings so far. While he takes "Shots" at the DFG "The dept. of fish & shame!" Hah, hah, ha...Ronnie NEVER shows when it counts.<br><br>Please explain. Maybe I've missed something here?<br><br>

Print this item

Reel question
Posted by: Jan - 01-23-2002, 10:05 PM - Forum: Fishing Tackle Tips - No Replies

Been thinking of getting a new reel and have been considering a Newell 235-5 or 229-5.<br><br>Now before you jump... I'm not going to be fishing the YFT or the "Forkies" none of the hot stuff you lucky folks to the south of me get to tangle with.<br><br>This will be used for salmon and 'butts here in Humboldt bay with 20-25# sort of the type of gear that we used to put together to fish the Calicos and Sandies but good enough for the stray forkie that bit.<br><br>I own Penns, Shimano, Diawa and make my own sticks and <br>tend to take good care of my gear so I'm not considerd a rookie, just never owned a Newell before and thought I'd solicit some Newell owners opinions or guys that do reel repairs.<br><br><br>

Print this item

The truth about "Vegans"
Posted by: Jan - 01-23-2002, 09:49 PM - Forum: Saltwater Fishing General - No Replies

The word "Vegan" is actualy an indian word that translates to..... "Poor Fisherman/Hunter"<br><br>

Print this item

Marbled Grouper and Spanish Flag Wanted
Posted by: Joel - 01-23-2002, 07:38 PM - Forum: Saltwater Fishing General - No Replies

Hey there! I am a student in Florida looking at how groupers are related to eachother, but that means I need a lot of wierd groupers from a lot of places. I have samples of gag, blacks, and reds, but I need two fish each from types that are harder to find (at least for me). I need marbled groupers and spanish flag. Does anyone know where I could get these? I don't have the money to charter anyone myself, but if anyone happens to catch one I would pay as much as I could for the fish on ice. Please help!<br><br><br>

Print this item

Hello everybody, new guy here
Posted by: Jan - 01-23-2002, 05:36 PM - Forum: California Fishing Information - No Replies

Just joined the board, name's Jan (male) and now live in Nor Cal Humboldt county area, used to live (and fish) in SanDiego.<br><br>Sure miss the warm water fishery there but now have salmon, steelhead and quality halibut and rockfish.<br><br>Lings love the copper brownbait fishtraps here. lol<br><br>

Print this item

Boats. I got one. Do you have one too?
Posted by: ACE_CARTER - 01-23-2002, 08:56 AM - Forum: Fishing Boats - No Replies

My Boat.<br><br>I love my boat. I have a photo of it next to my bed.<br><br>I've had MY BOAT for over 25 years. It's a little boat. I don't really want a bigger boat either.<br><br>It has a little engine that gets good gas mileage and still goes plenty fast for the ocean.<br><br>My boat is easy to clean and easy to tow. <br><br>I have not placed a lot of things like antennas that act like sails in the wind. That way my drifts are slower.<br><br>It's a 17' center console. It's got a newer Yamaha 40 that has never caused any trouble.<br><br>I just put on a Furuno 1650-F 3-way, color combo. It is SOOOooo Bitchin' I can't hardly stand it. Tells me the temp, speed, position and tracks my course while trolling.<br><br>The definition of the dual frequency dealie, lets me see which way the fish are pointed. It shows individual kelp strands laid out by the current against the bottom.<br><br>I fished the same general pattern and the same area (LA Harbor/Palos Verdes/Catalina for many years and found different places and drifts that produced. Now I know why.<br><br>Now I see why nobody is home in places I tried over and over, refusing to believe they were bare.<br><br>It is a small display screen and is difficult to see with polarized sun glasses on in bright sun, but heck.<br><br>It looks SOOOoooo...BAD! When it's lit up at night on top of the console. I love my boat!<br><br>

Print this item

Gray Davis OUCH!
Posted by: booyaa - 01-23-2002, 07:08 AM - Forum: California Fishing Information - No Replies

The guy has obviously never tugged on a fish. <br><br>Maybe if someone takes him fishing we can pull our pants back up!<br><br>Any takers?<br><br><br><br>Booyaa To Ya'!<br><A HREF="http://www.fishingclothes.com " target="_new">http://www.fishingclothes.com </A> <br>Romero

Print this item

New Forum member
Posted by: Coolrunningbabe - 01-23-2002, 01:30 AM - Forum: Ohio Fishing General - No Replies

Hi everyone. New to the list. I am a member of Cool Running Bass in Lake County, OH.<br><br>

Print this item

Smelt
Posted by: Flagmanonice - 01-22-2002, 06:41 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

Does anyone know where a person could order 8 to 12 inch (whole, not gutted ) smelt for using as bait ? Thanks Flagmanonice<br><br>

Print this item

Whitemouth Lake
Posted by: Flagmanonice - 01-22-2002, 06:37 PM - Forum: Canada Fishing General - No Replies

Does anyone have information on Whitemouth Lake in Manitoba? Thanks Flagmanonice<br><br>

Print this item