Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,441
» Latest member: Bootcatcher
» Forum threads: 231,749
» Forum posts: 343,167

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 590 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 584 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yandex

Latest Threads
Blue ribbon survey
Forum: Utah Fishing General
Last Post: Bduck
1 hour ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 410
Spring Flotilla 2024 ???
Last Post: Cowboypirate
10 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 208
Fontanelle report
11 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 401
Storing Night Crawlers ??...
Last Post: SkunkedAgain
11 hours ago
» Replies: 18
» Views: 753
Willard spawning crappie
Last Post: lavaman
11 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 598
Need to know how to get t...
Last Post: catfish-logic
Today, 02:02 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 255
2024 Catfish Contest Skun...
Forum: Utah Contests
Last Post: SkunkedAgain
Yesterday, 07:33 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 161
Willard 4/26
Last Post: Bubman1
Yesterday, 03:02 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 264
Green river recently
Forum: Wyoming Fishing General
Last Post: Fowl-Hook
Yesterday, 01:35 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 46
Deer Creek 4/24
04-26-2024, 11:34 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 414

Berley for trout
Posted by: fisho22 - 07-28-2002, 09:07 AM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

I love lake fishing for trout, and I would like to know a good berley for catching lake trout<br>Thanx<br><br>

Print this item

Surf Fishin' Safari
Posted by: Warrior_Princess - 07-28-2002, 04:36 AM - Forum: Saltwater Fishing General - No Replies

I am planning a surf fishing trip up the CA coast starting in HB and ending up somewhere around San Francisco. The trip will be 7-10 days and we will be traveling by RV.<br>We have no particular destination or time schedule in mind and would like to try as many beaches as possible.<br><br>Any advice on where to go and what gear to pack would help in planning this trip and be greatly appreciated.<br><br>Thanks in advance,<br><br>WP<br><br><br><br>

Print this item

Ducks
Posted by: PREDATOR - 07-28-2002, 03:21 AM - Forum: Hunting - No Replies

Now, deer hunting is all good but the waterfowl owns my heart. How many of you are duck hunters? Here in Utah the great salt lake marshes hold lots of birds, makes for real addictive shooting. I just dont get a lot of that timber shooting. I hear it is the best. Cant get enough of them widgeon! Whats your favorite duck?<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.

Print this item

Willard Bay map project!
Posted by: Teroy - 07-27-2002, 11:33 PM - Forum: Willard & Utah Lake Fish Report Archive - Replies (27)

I found a good map on the net of Willard, but nothing is marked but the Marina's. I marked the "Island" If someone knows where something else is I will email them the map and let them mark it. When we get all the spots marked we can put it on a server somewhere for all to see. Just an idea? <br><br><font color=purple><b>The Fisherless Fishermen</font color=purple></b>

Print this item

Oregon Fishing Update
Posted by: TGF - 07-27-2002, 05:00 AM - Forum: Oregon Fishing General - No Replies

Fisheries Update<br><br><br>July 26th - August 1st, 2002 <br><br>Lots of news this week from the estuary. Before any other newsworthy story, I Sadly have to report the loss of a very good friend to myself, sport anglers and the Hammond area community. Tackle store owner Dave Rogers of Free Willy Bait and Tackle passed away on Tuesday morning (7/23) in a boating accident off of the beach near Seaside. Dave was a good friend of many sport anglers and bent over backwards to keep us up and running in this area. His sudden death is a huge blow to the community in this area and although his wife Patty will keep the business afloat at Free Willy Bait and Tackle, it just won't be the same without him in the store. Please give your support to the folks at this store as they will be dealing with this loss for a long time to come. Rest in peace Dave Rogers! If there is any good to come from this great loss, it is a lesson learned from over 80% of the boating deaths that occur in our waters- NEVER RISK YOUR SAFETY FOR ANY FISH AND ALWAYS HAVE YOUR LIFE JACKET WITHIN REACH WHEN DANGER LURKS NEARBY! There will be more deaths during the upcoming boating season- will you be prepared for the worst? <br><br>And now for the fishing report! Sturgeon angling is still open but only to catch and release fishing! The catch and keep fishery will re-open on 10/1/02. Action will likely hold up well for the few participating in the catch and release fishing in the estuary. The big news is the upcoming opener for Buoy 10! What we will be lacking in coho, we should make up for in chinook! Since the chinook typically return earlier, we should experience decent action for these fish downstream of the Astoria/Megler Bridge. <br><br>The prime tide will be mid-morning on the opener. Check out technical report #4 on how to catch Buoy 10 salmon from our home page at: www.TheGuidesForecast.com so you can really maximize your opportunity in this short lived season! The ocean salmon season is really heating up well for anglers fishing near Buoy 2. Some chinook and nice sized coho are available for those using bait or spoons anywhere from 8 to 30 strips. <br><br>Respect the new 26 inch minimum size limit and know that troopers are now enforcing the regulation that you HAVE to quit fishing once you have retained your limit. They are not giving out warnings so pay attention to this regulation! Although the salmon bite at Bonneville has slightly slowed, steelhead are providing good action for those fishing spinners in the faster, deeper water. Assorted colors are working. Crabbing at the coast is very slow and really not worth the effort- even if you are going that way to fish for salmon at Buoy 10! <br><br>Offshore salmon fishing out of the Nehalem, Tillamook, Depoe and Yaquina Bays is holding up well when wind and wave action is allowing for save crossing of coastal bars. Rogue River Bay is producing catches of very large chinook. Salmon fishing remains good out of Charleston. <br><br>The Clackamas River is low and slow. North Santiam anglers will find prime conditions for summer steelhead. The lower Deschutes has been slow for steelhead fishing. Coastal streams are all at low, clear summer levels but many have steelhead present. <br><br>Scheduled for stocking this week are Breitenbush, Upper McKenzie and North Fork Santiam Rivers, Detroit and North Fork Reservoirs and Estacada, Faraday and Small Fry Lakes. <br><br>Have this report e-mailed to you weekly or sign up for our full version with tips, forecasts, and professional guide's advice!<br>http://www.TheGuidesForecast.com/<br><br>Get more Oregon fishing information at<br>http://www.theguidesforecast.com

Print this item

Kona Hawaii fishing report
Posted by: Capt_Jeff_Rogers - 07-27-2002, 04:05 AM - Forum: Hawaii Fishing General - No Replies

This report was originaly posted on the 24th but somehow lost on this server:<br><br>Kona Hawaii fishing report 7/24/02<br><br>Once again Kona proves the claim as the “blue marlin capital of the world”. The World Cup tournament pits anglers from around the world for a one day, biggest blue marlin (500 lb. minimum), winner take all event. Kona boats have won this event more than any other place in the world. Congratulations go to the “Marlin Magic”. Winner of this years World Cup with their 617 lb. pacific blue marlin and for winning the $250,000 prize (spare a dime?). A little over a week later in the “skins” tournament the “Ihu Nui” looked like they had the winning fish at 705 lbs. only to be beat out near the end of the day (OUCH by 8 pounds) when the “Chiripa” landed a 713 pounder. The Kona fishery is one more of size than of quantity. For reference, there were 35 boats from Kona entered in the “World Cup”. Only one qualifying fish was caught, most caught nothing. You could get lucky and bag a marlin your first time out but if you serious about getting one, plan on fishing 3 to 4 days.<br><br>The yellowfin tuna (ahi) bite is good this year. Some days the tuna bite has been better than the marlin bite. Kona’s biggest ahi was landed June 30th and weighed in at 212.5 lbs. <br><br>There’s been lots of other fish added to Kona’s big fish list since my last report. A broadbill swordfish weighing in at 210.5 lbs., a black marlin weighing in at 279.5 lbs., a sailfish weighing in at 67 lbs. and a barracuda weighing in at 70 lbs. The biggest seen in Kona in a long time. Some big mahi mahi were landed this month also. 50+ pounders! Here again, the quantity of fish hasn’t been so hot but the sizes are good.<br><br>The bottom fishing bite has followed suite with a bite of size rather than quantity. I released another 100 lb. amberjack last week. It’s my 5th 100 pounder of the year. Prior to this year, my biggest was 77 lbs. Last week we released a 700 + lb. tiger shark. Also the biggest ever for me. We also tagged and released a giant trevally estimated at 80 lbs. 10 lbs. lighter than Kona’s biggest of the year caught wile fishing with me last January. <br><br>See ‘ya on the water ,<br>Capt. Jeff Rogers ,<br>http://FISHinKONA.com<br><br><br>

Print this item

Jordanelle
Posted by: leaky - 07-27-2002, 12:28 AM - Forum: Pineview, Jordanelle and Deer creek Fish Report Archive - Replies (5)

Got lucky again! Took the dog for a 6-8 mi. hike along the East side of Jordanelle yesterday and of course took my rod with me. Spent most of the time hiking along the trail but tried a few places along the way. Caught mostly small bass and a lot of perch on a pearl/shad pulse worm, a few bass in the 12 in range. However, I did catch a "big guy"!!! Before releasing him I measured him at 19 3/4 in., just 1/4 in shy of the "big guy" a month ago! I had a tough time keeping her out of the brush but I got lucky. My gosh are they fat and heavy! I'm going to have to remember to take my camera with me on every fishing trip. This is the second time I've caught a small mouth that is within 1/2 to 3/4 in. of the catch and release state record.<br>Leaky<br><br>

Print this item

Baja Fishing....
Posted by: ACER7 - 07-26-2002, 08:58 PM - Forum: Saltwater Fishing General - No Replies

Can anybody tell me where the hell all of the fish have gone. I flew down to Cabo two weeks ago and did some fishing, got skuncked, when to San Jose del Cabo fished out of the Gordo Bank Pangas got skuncked. Fanally disided to go to La paz and met up with David Jones of Fishermen's Fleet in La Paz. We fished Las Arenas and Cerralvo Island. The first day we hooked and lost four wahoo do to the panga guide not making the correct knot for the wire leader so they were just slipping, we also hooked what looked to be a good size Blue Marlin , probably 300+pounds skunked again. Second day we fannally hooked into a Dorado and landed it one fish in ten days what the hell is that. Any way had plenty of fun and if you people are planing on fishing in that area, give David Jones a call he runs a world class fishing organisation and will get you what you need at any cost...<br><br>Acer7 <br><br>

Print this item

Louisiana Fishing Expeditions: Fishing Report
Posted by: captbenleto - 07-26-2002, 03:23 PM - Forum: Louisiana Fishing General - No Replies

LOUISIANA FISHING EXPEDITIONS<br><br>Some of the greatest speckle trout and bull red action is going on down here in Hopedale right now!<br><br>Today the Utley's came back for what they thought would be a great trip but it turned into the fishing trip of a life time. On every single cast today they either hooked up with a big mule trout or a monster bull red. The action was great as they enjoyed every minute of it until they said they could not reel in another fish. <br><br>They kept three small reds about 30 inches but turned loose monster bulls up to 35 pounds all day long. And guess what, all on light tackle!<br><br>What a thrill as 38 trout and 3 reds filled a 150 quart ice chest to the top. They said they did not need a limit of trout so we played a lot with the reds. Today their would be 3 and 4 bull reds following the one you were fighting. <br><br>I still have this Sunday open and a couple of days next week. So if you like catching good fish, now is the time to give me a call! <br><br>I offer onsite accommodation on the bayou for just $30 a night and the most comfortable charter boat in Hopedale to fish out of.<br><br>1-877-271-2059 (Toll Free)<br> 985-893-0180 (Home)<br><br>Web site: http://louisiana-fishing-expeditions.com<br>Email: captbenleto@yahoo.com<br><br>

Print this item

Missing posts
Posted by: Gamakatsu - 07-26-2002, 01:27 PM - Forum: Not Necessarily Fishing - No Replies

Made several post over the 23rd 24th and 25th. all have been deleted or misplaced. My posts are friendly and informative and are usually help replys to other members questions.[Wink] Are my post no longer welcome here or are we having technical difficulties captain? They were posted on Fresh water fishing, Washington, Utah as well as others??????<br><br>Happy Hookin<br>Gamaktsu &lt;*(((&gt;{<br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Gamakatsu on 07/26/02 07:08 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Print this item