Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,524
» Latest member: supsucka
» Forum threads: 232,159
» Forum posts: 346,279

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 958 online users.
» 7 Member(s) | 947 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, ChalkCreekUT, meancuznalfy, portofthesea, Redrebel, RookyFisher, ssnidey, Wells

Latest Threads
East Canyon this weekend....
Forum: Utah Fishing General
Last Post: LundLefty
3 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 112
Lost Creek - creek report
Last Post: Cowboypirate
3 hours ago
» Views: 278
Deer Creek Friday Evening
3 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 119
Fish Lake
3 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 53
Catching delayed triples
Last Post: Kent
3 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 155
berkley power baits for s...
Forum: Buy, Sell, trade, Donate Tackle
Last Post: chevy5099
6 hours ago
» Views: 81
st croix rod for sale
Forum: Buy, Sell, trade, Donate Tackle
Last Post: chevy5099
6 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 43
NBC at Willard, not quite
Last Post: wiperhunter2
7 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 252
Utah Lake Fish
Last Post: FishfulThinkin
8 hours ago
» Views: 132
2024 Cat contest - BLK
Forum: Utah Contests
Last Post: Piscophilic
9 hours ago
» Replies: 13
» Views: 641

Care to share?
Posted by: HotFish - 07-02-2002, 08:53 PM - Forum: Saltwater Fishing General - No Replies

Does anyone have any tips on the best way to fish for yellowfin tuna? I have been looking forward to an opportunity to catch one of these monsters and I was hoping I might get a few ideas from someone with experience. Never fished for them before so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>"Fish, you are going to have to die anyway. Do you have to kill me too?" - Santiago/Hemmingway

Print this item

Boomerang
Posted by: Rodney - 07-02-2002, 08:25 PM - Forum: Fishing Tackle Tips - No Replies

If you want to know what the hottest latest thing ever in fishing, if you saw Bill Dance this weekend, or Modern Marvels a couple of weeks ago, and want to know more or how to, or tips, what ever you want to ask about the Boomerang fishing pro, that has taken drop shotting and turned it into "Sling Shotting"<br><br>I'm the MAN<br><br><br><br>Rodney Long,<br>Inventor of the<br>Boomerang Fishing Pro.<br>http://ezknot.com/Boomerang.htm<br>& EZKnot http://ezknot.com/ezknottyer.htm<br><br><br&gt;

Print this item

Sarasota Area Backcountry Report
Posted by: FlatsAngler - 07-02-2002, 05:35 PM - Forum: Florida Fishing General - No Replies

All in all, it's been a decent year for tarpon. They arrived<br>early off the beaches, with a good appetite, and put on a<br>good show. A few days of hard west winds made it tough, and<br>some long-needed rain put us to the test but they are, after<br>all, tarpon, and few will deprive themselves of the<br>pleasure. <br> <br>Tarpon fishing off the beaches has since slowed with June's<br>full moon, when they went off to spawn. Like some years,<br>they may return in good numbers and hang around into July.<br>If not, there are other ways to prolong the pleasure. From<br>Tampa Bay to Charlotte Harbor and points south, there will<br>usually be tarpon that move into the bays and will spend the<br>summer months there. <br><br>When tarpon fishing slows down on the beaches, there will be<br>fish moving up into Charlotte Harbor. August and September<br>are known to be the hottest months of the year, but they're<br>also known for tarpon near Cape Haze, the mouths of the<br>Peace and Myakka Rivers and the canals throughout the<br>Harbor. The bigger fish will be in the harbor and around the<br>bridges. The smaller ones, up to maybe 40 pounds or so, will<br>be roaming the canals. <br> <br>The I-75 and 41 bridges, at the mouth of the Peace River in<br>Punta Gorda, will hold plenty of tarpon. They can also be<br>found around the mouth of the Myakka River and in the open<br>harbor. Artificial lures and flies, along with live bait<br>will work here and it's common to find them around ladyfish<br>that are terrorizing schools of baitfish. Catch the ladies<br>with a jig or spoon and attach them to a tarpon rig. Toss<br>that into the melee and wait for the tight line. <br> <br>Canals in Charlotte Harbor hold good numbers of smaller<br>tarpon. Fish from 7 or 8 pounds, up to around 40 pounds are<br>common catches. Larger fish may also be encountered in the<br>same areas. Artificial baits and flies work well, with white<br>being the preferred color and a slow, delicate presentation<br>just off the bottom will usually produce good results. <br> <br>Most of these fish won't be the big boys of early summer,<br>but some of them will draw out a good sweat. And, as is<br>typical with summer fishing, it's an early game and a<br>pre-dawn start will certainly put the odds in your favor. <br> <br>The long-awaited rains have gotten the bays stirred up<br>making sight fishing a little more difficult. The best time<br>for redfish and trout fishing will be either early morning<br>or later in the day. It's also a good time to use artificial<br>baits. Shrimp move offshore in summer to spawn, and those<br>that are available are small. Jigs and top water baits are<br>good choices. A weedless gold spoon is also good in shallow<br>water, or water with floating grass. For fly anglers, top<br>water poppers are a blast. <br> <br>Beach snook fishing has been good from Longboat Key, south<br>to Casey Key. The best times are from about 8am to noon. As<br>the sun rises, you'll be able to spot the fish and cast to<br>them. After about noon, it becomes difficult to see them.<br>Two of the best baits for beach snook are jigs and Clouser<br>Minnows. For jigs, white or gold are good colors. All white,<br>or chartreuse and white Clousers will also get their<br>attention. <br><br>____________________________________<br><br>Capt. Kevin Chamberlain<br>http://www.flatsangler.com<br>(941) 366-FISH (3474)<br><br>

Print this item

Dan Hernandez Fishing School On The &quot;EL DORADO&quot;
Posted by: ROMEROFISHERKING - 07-02-2002, 08:51 AM - Forum: California Fishing Information - No Replies

What A Treat This Saturday, It Was To Be Part Of A Ecellent Opportunity To Fish With The Dan H. Bunch, And The Substitute Crew Of The "El Do", The "Native Sun' Was Down Due To Mech.. Problems, So T.J. At The Helm, Took All To The Huntington Flats, For A Wonderfull Experence For All Kids And Adults That Attended.. AND SPECIAL THANKS To Our Moderator, And Gracious Instructor Mike Romero, Helping The Kids "LAND THERE TROPHY'S " GREAT Job Mike ! And Too All At This Really Cool Event...I , MySelf, As Overconfident As I , Sometime Usually Am, Learned A EXTREAMLY IMPORTANT LESSON on This Fishing Trip.....After Asking All The Kids , As Time Pasted, "I's There Any One Here , That Hasn't Caught A FISH, Yet ? " And Beyond All That Was There , And What Was To Become, A Small Voice Of 6 yrs. Murrmered, " me" Whith A Tone Of Abandoned, Her Father, At Her Side Trying To Bring Up For His Daughter, For What Ever Man Does On A Fishing Trip. BE THE PROVIDER TO HIS FAMILY !!! BUT I Smelled A Skunk !!!So I Took My Lucky Rod, & Reel, And "PROMISED" Her "SHE WAS GOING TO CATCH A FISH ""Her Father Looked Into ME Unlike No Man Has Ever Done Before, And Said, "Don't You EVER MAKE A PROMISE YOU CAN'T KEEP, ESPESCIALLY TO MY DAUGHTER !!"So I Said , To Him , I Am Compleatly Insane , I Am Plumb LoCo, !!! So Let Magic Do The Rest!!! Well Afer Sweating It Out With NO LUCK WHATSOEVER, AFTER 1/12 hrs. I Kept My Insanity, In Order And, ":YES" MAGIC PREVALIED, not 1 Fish But 2...!!!! What Greater Magic, Worth Creating But Of A Child's SMILE,So Lesson Learned, "Watch Out What You Ask For, You Just May Get It " That's why I Am the KING !!! If You Know What I Mean....BOOYAA ...2 YA.......See Ya All On The Water..........I FISH , SO THEREFORE , I SMELL.............But NO "SKUNKS" Here..............Boneheads RULE !!!!!!.<br><br>

Print this item

Dennis Dobson's Oregon Report
Posted by: Hooker_Sean - 07-01-2002, 08:02 PM - Forum: Oregon Fishing General - No Replies

This is Dennis Dobson at Oregon Outdoors with your north coast fishing report for the week beginning Thursday, June 26, 2002.<br>General Conditions<br>Although river levels are still a bit low, steelhead fishing is good to excellent. Recent rains have moved fresh steelies into local rivers and springers have moved into tidewater and the lower sections of most of our area rivers. Sturgeon are present in good numbers throughout the lower Columbia River.<br>Salmon<br>Springer catch numbers in Tillamook Bay are climbing as last week's rains moved some more fish into the bay. Fresh springers are being taken in Trask and Wilson river tidewater on bobbers and bait. Some chinook are also being taken by anglers trolling in the Memaloose (Oyster House) area. The most productive bite there has come from trolled red and while spinners with number four or five-sized blades. Trolled herring are also taking fish along the jetties. The Trask, Wilson and Nestucca tidewater sections are producing steady catches for bobber anglers. Last week's rain moved good numbers of bright springers into the lower and middle stretches of all coastal rivers. The Trask, Wilson and Nestucca are all producing.<br>Steelhead<br>There are still good numbers of steelies in local rivers. Both the Wilson and Nestucca are producing consistent catches. The lower Nestucca is seeing some summer fish headed for the Cedar Creek hatchery on Three Rivers. Your best bet for a chance to find a keeper steelie this time of year is the Wilson River or in Three Rivers. The stretch of Three Rivers just upstream from the mouth, behind the water treatment plant, has been producing well. The area between the bridge and Cedar Creek Hatchery, about two miles east of Hebo on Highway 22, has also been producing. The middle Wilson River really turned on this last week for steelie anglers. Some excellent catches have been reported.<br>The Trask, Wilson, Nestucca and North Fork Nehalem will all produce steady catches well into July, weather and water conditions permitting.<br>Sturgeon<br>ODFW has announced that, effective July 25, sturgeon fishing on the lower Columbia River will become catch-and-release ONLY. The lower Columbia River, from the mouth of the John Day River east of Astoria to Clatsop Spit, has been producing good catches consistently. The bite really turned on this past week with most of us doubling our average daily catch numbers by Tuesday or Wednesday. Although rough water conditions, driven by high winds, have made fishing the flats along Desemona Sands difficult, the area up river from Tongue Point, protected from the worst of the on-shore winds, has been treating anglers well . Expect this fishery to get better almost daily through the end of July.<br>If you want to wet a line this coming week I'd suggest you call either Ron Byrd at Nestucca Valley Sporting Goods (503-392-4269) for up-to-date info on the Nestucca and Three Rivers or Dennis and Marie Will at Tillamook Bait Company (503-842-5031) for the latest word on the Trask, Wilson and Tillamook Bay. Kelly and Janice at The Jetty Fishery can give you all of the up-to-date info you need on the fishing at Nehalem. They can be reached at 503-368-5746. For accurate info on the lower Columbia fihery contact Corkey or Jo at Corkey's Four Corners Store in Hammond. There number is 503-861-2088.<br>Trout<br>Trout fishing in most coastal streams opened on May 25. All north coast streams north of Neskowin Creek are catch and release only. Be sure to check the regs for the specific river or stream you want to fish as many have closures and bait restrictions.<br>The stocking schedule is now available on the internet at www.dfw.or.us. AND at www.localfishermannews.com.<br>Ocean <br>Charter and commercial fishermen are reporting that both coho and chinook numbers appear to be higher than ODFW predicted. All indications are we should have a great Bouy 10 season later this summer. Bottom fishing, from Winchester to Tillamook, has been excellent. With the weather forecasting intermittent rain and wind for the coming week, getting out of port might be difficult but the fishing should be worth it.<br>Crabbing and Shellfish<br>Crabbing ranged from good to excellent all week. Wind and weather permitting all local bays should continue to produce good catches of crab. For the latest info on beach closures, call the Shellfish Hotline at 503-986-4728 or go to www.oda.state.or.us on the web for updates.<br>Summer fishing special: Fill all four seats for just $125 per seat. A savings of $100 per day… enough to cover your motel room and meals. Sturgeon season: June 1 through August 1 (primetime is June 1 through July 15)Note: ODFW has determined that sturgeon fishing on the lower Columbia will become catch-and-release ONLY effective July 25. Chinook and Coho (Silver) season at Buoy 10: August 1 through the second or third week of September (we don't know yet when ODFW will close the season). Primetime is the second week of August through the middle of September. Remember, the sooner you email or call us the better your chances of getting the date(s) you want.<br>Our new subscription-only website, Oregon Outdoors Fishing Report is now up and running. Simply go to www.oregonoutdoors.org and click on the appropriate hotlink. You will find a sample publication, complete with a weekly report, monthly forecast, an "Ask The Pro's" section and discounts on bait, tackle, guides, charters and motels. To subscribe, simply fill out the subscription form and email it to us or call 503-815-2766.<br>Ask Us<br>If you'd like to ask about local river conditions or book a trip you can reach us by phone at 503-815-2766 or via e-mail at oreoutdd@pacifier.com<br> And be sure to visit our web site at oregonoutdoors.org. Just follow the link to the homepage. Please sign our Guest Book … we always enjoy seeing who is visiting us.<br>GIFT CERTIFICATES for the angler in your life (you?) are always available.<br>CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS: We can now accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express credit cards and any major bank debit card for payment. Please call us to complete the transaction. We choose to do this over the phone so you won't have to send important personal financial information over the internet. <br> Until next week, have a great time and go catch some fish.<br><br>

Print this item

Wiper fishing, isn't it the best!!!
Posted by: wiperhunter2 - 07-01-2002, 07:29 AM - Forum: Willard & Utah Lake Fish Report Archive - Replies (13)

Well you guys were right, Bear lake Mac and I were fishing willard tonight and got into some topwater action. It did not last long and the boils were spotty but it was top water action and good to see. Mike, they were in the same area you told me about but closer to the light pole. WH2 <br><br>

Print this item

Oregon Fishing Update
Posted by: TGF - 06-30-2002, 02:28 PM - Forum: Oregon Fishing General - No Replies

Fisheries Update<br><br><br>June 28th - July 4th, 2002<br><br>It's too exciting not to make headline news! The Columbia opens Friday, June 28th to the retention of fin-clipped summer chinook above Tongue Point to Bonneville Dam! Run estimates have been revised allowing for this additional opportunity- the first of its kind since 1973! Although it may not turn into a target fishery, incidental catch of these chinooks has been witnessed in the summer steelhead fishery. Anglers will now be allowed to harvest those fish as long as they are missing their adipose fin! <br><br>Sturgeon fishing in the lower Columbia has become quite the challenge lately. Limits are not necessarily the rule and the sculpin scourge is in full bloom downstream of the bridge. Keepers are even hard to come by out of John Day but this slow down was not only expected but was needed to keep the quotas in line. This may be a good weekend to get those house chores done but if you must come fishing, bring lots of smelt as they are less susceptible to trash fish on the outgoing tide. However the crab love them- too bad all the crab in the lower Columbia are small females! <br><br>Razor digging was easy but the tides will not be "clam friendly" again until the second week in July. The tides and numbers are ripe for productive upriver steelhead fishing from Westport to Bonneville Dam. Don't feel guilty keeping those fin-clipped chinook either that you may incidentally catch- it's legal! Clackamas anglers continue to take quality springers and steelhead. <br><br>The Sandy River, while still off-color has recovered sufficiently that bait-flingers have once again started taking chinook and steelies. Springers remain available in the Trask and Nestucca, steelhead are being caught in the Wilson, Nestucca and Siletz Rivers. Off-shore chinook out of Charleston shows no sign of slowing down. <br><br>North coast bottom fishing is excellent with halibut (!) in the mix. Smallmouth bass fishing is good on the Willamette and Umpqua systems. <br><br>Green Peter and Pulina are putting out kokanee. Trout will be stocked this week in Olalla, Big Creek and Trail Bridge Reservoirs, Blue, Breitenbush, upper and lower McKenzie, mid-fork Willamette and North Fork Santiam Rivers, Salmon and Salt Creeks. <br><br>Join Northwest fishermen in sharing information and resources about our local fisheries and techniques - http://www.ifish.net <br><br>Looking for that last minute Father's Day gift? Give him a subscription to The Guide's Forecast or setting up a fishing trip for him by clicking here now! <br><br>Always more at http://www.theguidesforecast.com/<br><br>Paid Subscribers will receive a report this week of over 4,700 words with specific information about where to fish, when to fish and what to use, then accurately predict what the fishing will be like next week and beyond! Don't miss out, we help people catch more fish! <br><br>Subscribe now by going to<br>http//www.theguidesforecast.com/signup.html<br><br><br><br>Get more Oregon fishing information at<br>http://www.theguidesforecast.com

Print this item

Miami, Marco, and Stuart Fishing
Posted by: KnotNancy - 06-30-2002, 03:52 AM - Forum: Florida Fishing General - No Replies

So lets get caught up with the fishing reports. Last Saturday and Sunday I was at Marco Island wade fishing. Saturday was almost a complete wash out as it rained most of the afternoon. Very windy conditions had the open Gulf stirred up and crashing waves on the beach made it difficult at best to try and fish. A couple of ladyfish and a jack filled in the slow day. Sunday, the winds were calm, the sun was shining and fishing drastically improved. At days end, 15 ladyfish, 4 seatrout, 2 snook, and 1 jack crevalle had been landed and released. Monday it was back to St. Lucie Inlet and snook fishing. The rain and lightning has us running for shelter for about 2 hours. After the weather cleared, we caught and released 6 fish to 31 inches, 1 gag grouper and a barracuda of about 25 pounds. Tuesday afternoon, I spent an hour giving lessons on twin engine outboard motor handling. Spinning, docking, and maneuvering were the main goals and were quickly learned. Friday, it was supposed to be a half day dolphin trip. We ran and ran and ran. The big find was a floating coconut. The birds we found were searching just like us. No one that I heard of found any dolphin. Back to the reef for 1 drift and no strikes. Slow trolling baits from 100 to 230 feet and down the blue/green edge produced no strikes. A run inshore and 3 barracudas made 3 anglers very happy. That brings us to Saturday. The seas picked up a bit and before we were through catching bait, one of the angler's was feeling the effects of motion sickness. Laying down helped and within ten minutes of putting out the baits, Travis Reitmayer from Wichita, Kansas was fighting his first sailfish. It turned out that the fish was foul hooked in the shoulder, so the fight lasted for about an hour. Seeking calmer water had us running inshore to Government Cut and barracuda fishing. They were very cooperative and out of a total of 8 strikes, we successfully caught two fish of 12 and 15 pounds.<br><br>In general, the fishing has been on the slow side. Dolphin fishing has been very disappointing. We are hoping that the bonito will show up in large numbers soon and that the dolphin will too.<br><br>Captain Dave Kostyo<br>Knot Nancy Fishing Charters<br>305 620-5896 Charter<br>305 732-2628 Beeper<br>www.rnfl.com/knotnancy<br>nkostyo@bellsouth.net<br><br>

Print this item

Looking for any clay county fishermen?
Posted by: patrickacox - 06-29-2002, 04:06 PM - Forum: Florida Fishing General - No Replies

I'm new to the clay county area and I'm looking for places to fish. I'm interested in catching, bass, bream, crappie and catfish.<br><br>I don't have a boat, so I'm stuck fishing from a dock or the bank.<br><br>

Print this item

How do you hold a catfish?
Posted by: patrickacox - 06-29-2002, 04:03 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - Replies (18)

I love to fish for catfish, but don't really know how to handle them once I pull them out of the water. I usually use a towel to hold them. They can still fin you through the towel though. The cuts you get from a catfish hurt like crazy.<br><br>Can someone give me some tips on how to hold a catfish without getting finned?<br>Thanks<br><br>

Print this item